Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Inspiring Leader Nephi

Nephi is his first name! As far as I know, Nephi is his only name!  Who is he? He is a courageous Prophet in the Book Of Mormon. Although it's been a minute since he was around, (he lived in 600 BC) there is still a lot to learn from this great leader. Here are 5 reasons why Nephi is awe, awe, inspiring:

1- He put his trust in God. This is something that a lot of us strive to do. It is, however, a lot easier said than done. Nephi went through some hard experiences, (insert hashtag laman and lemuel) but never lost his faith. 2 Nephi 4:34 O Lord, I have atrusted in thee, and I will btrust in thee forever. I will not put my ctrust in the arm of flesh...

2- He knew how to do work. Gordon B. Hinckley said, "Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds." Nephi understood this principle. Whether it was to go get the plates or build a ship, Nephi always had the attitude of 'I will go and do'.

3- He was buff, but in a humble way. " And now I, Nephi, being a man large in stature, and also having received much strength of the Lord..." 1 Nephi 4:31 According to the picture I am sure that he did his fair share of calf raises!

4- He led with love.  "The people having loved Nephi exceedingly, he having been a great protector for them..." Jacob 1:10 Nephi didn't want the fame. He pointed people to the Savior and to Heavenly Father, which is the source for protection and for true happiness.

5- I grew up in a city called Nephi. This actually doesn't have anything to do with why Nephi is an inspiration to me. Just thought it was kind of cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment